Hello everyone! Wow, it has been a while and I am very sorry for that. I started Co-op this month (if you do not know what a co-op is, it is pretty much an internship that I need to complete for school) and having a new schedule has thrown my blog routine out the window. However, I have been loving co-op. I was confused if Public Relations was the right industry for me, but this co-op is helping me learn that I made the right choice and I love what I am doing.
Time is extremely valuable and now I don’t have a lot of time to do everything I want. Like I said before, my routine is very out of whack, I haven’t worked out a lot and my diet is not the best. So, it shouldn’t be shocking that I have been having some very annoying skin problems lately. This has caused me to reconsider my non-existent skin care routine! Before, I would wash my face, put moisturizer on and that was it (most nights I forgot to even do that). But, with new beginnings, like personal growth and a new job comes a new morning and night routine. I was so focused on school and working on my body that I forgot about my skin and diet.
I have very oily and sensitive skin, so I have to be very considerate for what I put on my face. I have done a lot of research on what is good for oily skin, so I have collected a beginner skin care routine that I will be trying out for a month. I tried to find very hydrating products that are gel or water based because most times oily skin means dehydration. Many think that deep moisturizing products make the oil worse but this is actually what will help control oily skin. Two things I focus on are drinking a lot of water and using really hydrating skin care products to help control my oily skin.
I would also like to say: I AM CLEARLY NOT A PROFESSIONAL AND HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I AM DOING. Everyone has different skin, something that works for me may not work for you and vice versa. I am just sharing my routine to get advice on what other people use and hopefully provide advice for others on products to try.
My Skin Care Routine:
- Cleanser: I use a Cetaphil cleanser, I am hoping to change this for a more natural one but, for now I am using Cetaphil oil control daily cleanser. This is step one that I will be doing in the morning and evening, this helps my face feel clean without being dry.
- Exfoliator: I just recently started exfoliating and it has helped my pores a lot. I exfoliate every other day and use The microdelivery exfoliating face wash by Philosophy. I tried this years ago and loved it because it is gentle but still works, so I decided to try it again. I only exfoliate in the morning, three to four times a week. I feel like it is very easy to over exfoliate and damage the skin so I am always cautious.
- Toner: I am still in the market for a good, gentle toner that won’t make me break out. This is a work in progress. (Let me know what you like, please!)
- Moisturizer/Eye Cream: For moisturizer, I use Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream. I like to wait a little after my moisturizer and before my face oil, I want the products to really absorb before loading on more. This moisturizer is great because of how light it is and has a little bit of SPF in it. For eye cream, I use Origins GinZing Refreshing eye cream. It is AMAZING, I have bags under my eyes but this makes my eyes less puffy and dark.
- Night-time moisturizer: At night, I love to use the Origins DrinkUp Intensive overnight mask. Again, just love it… gold star for Origins.
- Face Oil/Serum: This is very new to my routine, I bought an Avocado and Hyaluronic Acid Face Oil. Again, this is new so I don’t really have an opinion on it yet. This is used sparingly in the morning and at night. This is my last step after moisturizing!
After this, I will brush my teeth or get dressed so that my skin is able to absorb all the products. I find for my skin, if I rush to start my makeup and don’t let my skin breath in between each step, it gets oily and sticky. This routine will probably change as I try new products but I want to focus more on my skin and I think organizing a routine is a good start. I am also slightly terrified of this list because IT IS A LOT! I’m not good at skin care routines because I never have enough time in the morning, I like the short and sweet routines. But I am determined to do this routine daily for a month and hopefully see good results.
This routine will probably change as I try new products but I want to focus more on my skin and I think organizing a routine is a good start. I am also slightly terrified of this list because IT IS A LOT! I’m not good at skin care routines because I never have enough time in the morning, I like the short and sweet routines. But I am determined to do this routine daily for a month and hopefully see good results.
I understand that I can’t just start a routine and expect everything to be perfect, I have to work on my diet and exercise routine too. My goal, while in Co-op, is to work out twice a week and drink 3-4 water bottles daily. I am hoping that having a routine for my skin and body will help me get back to how healthy I was before I started work. I am still super proud of my growth, I just have to reevaluate and set a new routine that works with my new schedule.
Change is inevitable. Change is constant.
– Benjamin Disraeli
Thank you so much for reading, follow Merci on instagram so we can be friends! I hope this helped you add to your routine or even start a routine like me. I can’t wait to share my results in a month and share my opinion on these products.
Merci a million times.
Love always, Sam